3-stage quality management
1. Operationally related
- continuous quality and production monitoring on the basis of the CE Marking Ordinance with all associated material tests
- additional quality assurance through internal quality guidelines and monitoring processes
Basis: project-related catalogue of criteria with clearly defined process sequence, assessment, audit and process specifications
3. External monitoring
- by qualified, accredited testing institutes, depending on the task
- Quality Bond™: External monitoring for silicone bonds
We subject new developments to extensive component tests. A series of prototype and zero-series tests, which is used exclusively for trials and functional testing, is mandatory for all products. Statics play an essential role: Forces acting in glass and construction parts are simulated by FE calculations (finite elements). In this way, we optimise the required "material use".
Testing laboratory on the premises
- Flexural strength testing machine: Material testing and component testing
- Impact tests according to EN 12600
- Ball drop tests according to DIN 52338
- Building physics tests for the evaluation of radiation properties, for example
Highest possible precision is also our top priority here. This starts with the calibration of the measuring devices, which is of course carried out according to strict criteria, and ends with the complete and accurate documentation of all results.
External quality assurance
Through the cooperation with numerous renowned testing institutes, material testing institutes and external consultants and not least through our long-standing membership in the German Structural Glass Construction Association, Cologne, we are informed about the current basic research and glass construction developments and we significantly help to shape them.